Personal Injury Attorney North Hollywood
If you or a loved one have experienced a personal injury in North Hollywood, you need a dedicated and experienced law firm to defend your case. You need someone to help you while seeking justice and financial compensation for the damages you have incurred.
At The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran, our talented personal injury lawyers have the skills and knowledge to effectively and aggressively defend your case in court. Our team of skilled lawyers has defended countless personal injury cases over our decades of legal experience.
What Should I Do After a Personal Injury?
The moments immediately following an injury can be confusing and frightening. The first thing you should do is seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel like your injuries are not severe or life-threatening. Some injuries, like internal or brain injuries, may not be apparent and can only be found by medical professionals.
After you have been thoroughly examined by a medical professional, it is time to call a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyer. Personal injury attorneys in North Hollywood, like the ones from The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran, offer free consultations to discuss the details of the accident in which you were injured.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a claim filed in civil court in which a plaintiff seeks financial compensation for losses resulting from an accident or other incident that was caused by the negligent behavior of another person; or by a company or of their employee; or by dangerous property; or by a governmental entity. Even in the absence of negligence, a dog owner may be strictly liable for the harm caused by their dog’s biting or attacking another person. There are several types of personal injury cases we handle at The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran, including:
- General Accidents: For a personal injury case to be successful, one must be able to prove the negligence of another person and that their behavior caused injury or harm. Examples of general accident cases include slip or trip and falls, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, bicycle accidents, truck accidents, dog bite attacks, etc…
- Construction site accidents: Persons injured while on construction sites may have a “third-party claim” against a contractor, management company, landowner, sub-contractor, or another worker not employed by the injured victim’s employer.
- Intentionally Harmful Acts: In cases where a defendant’s conduct causes intentional harm to another, personal injury laws apply. Examples of intentionally harmful acts include sexual abuse, neglect, assault and battery, and other intentional acts.
- Defective Products: A product liability lawsuit may be filed against a manufacturer when a medical device, a vehicle or a vehicle component, a consumer product, or a pharmaceutical is dangerous or defective, and someone is harmed when using it or when in the zone of danger and harmed by it.
Why Choose Our North Hollywood Personal Injury Lawyers?
With many law firms with personal injury lawyers in North Hollywood, why should you choose The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran?
As one of California’s most experienced personal injury law firms, combined with our experience spanning decades, our legal team brings something to the table that other law firms can not beat.
We leave our clients feeling satisfied, and our case results speak for themselves. A few examples of our settled cases include:
- $5.8 million in auto defect case
- $900,000.00 in truck versus auto case
- $3 million in a defective roadway accident
- $2.35 million in a defective premises accident
- $1.5 million in a wrongful death of single male with no dependents
- $4.25 million in a burn Injury case
- $810,000 in a bicycle versus pedestrian case
- $650,000 in a products liability case regarding a defective chair
- $515,000 in a rideshare accident case
- $370,000 in assault/battery and negligent supervision
- $300,000 homeowners insurance policy limit for dog attack case
The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran have the drive to succeed with a 99.9% success rate in cases we litigate. We take our work seriously, and our clients matter to us, which is why you will always work directly with one of our personal injury lawyers.
We are proud to be Google-Screened with a 5-star Google rating, ensuring our clients feel safe and secure using our services.
Our Law Firm holds the award for the Top 100, for Hollywood North, in The National Trial Lawyers, which features the premier trial lawyers from all across the country. This is not only an honor to our firm but also allows us exclusive access to the highest quality education programs furthering our ability to serve our community.
Expertise.com has rated us Best Car Accident Lawyers in Simi Valley for 2022 and Best Car Accident Lawyers in Canoga Park 2023. In addition, we are a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited business and have been rated “Highly Recommended” by locals on Alignable.
What to Expect From the Claims Process
There are typically two main outcomes that can occur once a personal injury lawsuit has been filed: a formal lawsuit or an informal settlement. The following are the differences between the two outcomes.
- Formal Lawsuit: In a formal personal injury case, a plaintiff files a civil complaint against a business, another entity, known as the “defendant.” The complaint against the individual or corporation will include allegations that they acted carelessly or recklessly in connection with the accident or injury resulting in harm to the plaintiff. This formal action is known as “filing a lawsuit.”
- Informal Settlement: In accident or injury cases where there are personal injury disputes over who is at fault usually results in an informal and fair settlement. The settlement typically includes all parties involved, the lawyers representing them, and their insurance companies. The settlement usually involves formal negotiations, along with a written agreement between both parties agreeing to relinquish any further legal actions (including a lawsuit), alternatively resolving the matter with an agreed-upon financial amount.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In general, there is a two-year deadline to file a personal injury claim. In California, for claims not involving a governmental entity (for example, certain hospitals, the MTA, the LAPD, the LA Fire DeptDivisions of the City, County, State, Schools, dangerous/defective conditions of public property, etc…), a minor claimant, or medical negligence (medical malpractice), the statute of limitations is two years from the date the accident or injury occurred. To take any legal action, you are required to begin the process before the two-year deadline. Failure to meet the deadline could result in your claim being ineligible for arbitration by a state court.
For the above-referenced governmental entity claims, there are firm rules and deadlines, such as governmental claim filing requirements and statute of limitations laws in the State of California, which require specific technical filings regarding your claim within a set time period from the date of the accident. Usually, you have only six (6) months from the date of the alleged incident to file governmental claim form documents with the appropriate governmental entity. Filing such claim forms is a complicated and technical matter and it must be done in a specific format and filed with the correct entity, within the specified 6 month time period. (6) months from the date of the alleged incident to file governmental claim form documents with the appropriate governmental entity. Filing such claim forms is a complicated and technical matter and it must be done in a specific format and filed with the correct entity, within the specified 6 month time period. Thereafter, a lawsuit must be filed with the court within a specific period of time, all of which may be less than the standard non-governmental claim period of two (2) years.
If you do not meet the governmental claims filing requirements by that date, you may be forever barred from making such a claim, regardless of how good that claim turns out to be. There may be variations and exceptions to these rules, such as with medical negligence (medical malpractice), claims involving minors, etc…That is why there is urgency in your seeking legal counsel for the matter as soon as possible.
Can I file a Claim if I am Accused of Sharing Fault?
In California, you may file a lawsuit with help from a personal injury attorney against someone, even if you are partially to blame. When both parties are to blame for an accident, it is called a shared fault, or “comparative negligence”. The amount of blame assigned to you could directly impact the amount you receive in a lawsuit settlement.
What Damages Are Recoverable In a Personal Injury Claim?
There are a variety of damages that can be recovered in a personal injury claim that vary based on the situation and injury. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran have the experience and knowledge to notice the small details that may make your case stronger, therefore, getting you the highest possible compensation for your damages. They will help you create a legal strategy to maximize your efforts, including informing you which claims should be pursued in compliance with California law. The following is a list of damages that may be compensated for in a personal injury claim:
General damages may include:
- Physical disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering (past, present, and future)
- Physical impairment (past, present, and future)
- Mental anguish (past, present, and future)
- Lower quality of life, lost enjoyment of life, or psychological trauma (past, present, and future)
- Future anticipated economic damages (medical, lost earnings, out-of-pocket expenses, etc…)
- Loss of consortium (love, care, comfort, society, marital relations, etc…)
- Loss of earnings capacity and lost wages (past, present, and future)
- Replacement and repair of damaged property
- Cost of medical treatment (past and future)
- Loss of irreplaceable items
- Cost of hiring an assistant to perform household tasks the injured can no longer perform (past, present, and future)
Wrongful Death Damages
California law allows surviving family members; and the decedent’s estate to each receive the following damages in wrongful death cases:
- Medical, Burial and funeral expenses for the deceased
- The amount of income the deceased would have earned
- Pain and suffering, and disfigurement of the deceased
- Financial compensation for the loss of the deceased support and companionship
These damages are much more difficult to recover in a personal injury case, but an excellent legal team can help to prove the defendant acted purposefully and recklessly with the intention to harm; however, they are not available in every case. Punitive damages are not used to make the plaintiff whole but to punish the defendant for malicious or reckless behavior. Examples include injury claims resulting form the negligence of a driver under the influence; distracted drivers (eating, texting, applying makeup, etc…)
Contact a North Hollywood Personal Injury Attorney at Our Firm for Help Today
At The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran, our attorneys have 75+ years of combined legal experience. We are prepared to review your case and decide how best to get you the compensation you deserve.
Whether you have been involved in a car or truck accident, a dog bite attack, or sustained a slip and fall injury, our team of experienced and compassionate associates is here to make sure you have the resources you need to move forward. Fill out our online contact form or call our office to start working on your case as soon as today.