Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Encino
Motorcycle accidents, at any speed, can cause devastating injury or death for the victims of negligence. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, it is important to have a law firm on your side that understands the ins and outs of these cases. The compensation you receive depends on it.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? We Can Help.
Having ridden motorcycles in the past, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Rosenstock and Azran understand the many different dangers faced by motorcyclists on California’s highways. Our firm has been helping injury victims for more than 30 years. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of accident victims and their families.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you can rely on us to aggressively pursue the full compensation you deserve. Call 818-805-0422 or contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Encino & Reseda, CA today. Remember – no recovery, no fee.
We recently represented a motorcyclist who was struck by a vehicle that changed lanes into the motorcycle. Our client sustained a broken leg and a low back injury. The result: A $750,000 recovery for our client.
There Is No Excuse for Negligence
“I just didn’t see it”
Far too often, that is the response from car and truck drivers who have hit a motorcycle or otherwise caused a motorcycle to become involved in an accident. But excuses by negligent car and truck drivers aren’t good enough. People need to be held accountable for their negligence. Our firm will fully investigate every possible factor in your accident, and fight aggressively for the full compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers handle a wide variety of motorcycle collision claims involving:
- Fatal motorcycle accidents
- Lane splitting
- Defective equipment
- Dangerous roadways
Regardless of how you have been injured, we have access to medical and other experts who can assist you in explaining the serious nature and extent of your injuries, which has a direct bearing on the value of your case. We pursue justice for motorcyclists who have suffered injuries such as:
- Road rash
- Head/brain injuries
- Neck, back, and spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Groin injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Rib injuries
- Emotional distress
One of the dangers associated with riding a motorcycle is the fact that most people ride them in traffic, and traffic is a stacked deck against bikes. Therefore, when you are on a motorcycle, you can not afford to get complacent. You should always be mindful of your own safety. In this regard, you should consider the following:
- Rider Training – take a beginner riding course before you get your first bike, and consider taking intermediate and even advanced rider courses as your skills develop.
- Rider Safety gear – Some measures include wearing a DOT-approved helmet; wearing a jacket and pants designed to mitigate the impact and abrasion injuries; wearing solid supportive boots that will protect your feet and ankles; wearing armored gloves to protect your hands, both from impact and from wind and weather; wearing goggles if your helmet is not a full-face, to keep dust, dirt, and bugs from getting in your eyes.
- Maintain Your Ride – follow the manufacturer’s recommended scheduled maintenance in order to avoid on-road mechanical failures such as a snapped chain, a seized engine, or a blown tire. Tires on motorcycles may wear faster than on cars, therefore, you should always monitor for proper manufacturer’s recommended tire maintenance, including tire inflation, tire tread depth (across the whole width of the tire!), and signs of road hazard tire damage.
- Pay Attention – always be looking ahead and with peripheral vision, scanning for possible hazards, and anticipating potential dangerous maneuvers by other motorists. Minimize distractions, so that you can focus on the here and now.
- Know Your Limits – the motorcycle you’re riding is probably capable of some pretty advanced maneuvers… but it takes an advanced skill level rider to pull those feats off. Most riders won’t be at that skill level. Know your riding skill limitations and ride accordingly.
- Have Adequate Insurance-Because you are riding a motorcycle, which inherently has fewer physical safety protection features than an automobile. If you have the misfortune of getting into an accident, there exists the risk that you may sustain serious injuries. Therefore, it is important that you carry substantial uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist coverage for your bodily injuries. Don’t be at the mercy of the negligent motorist’s coverage limits.
Our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience pursuing compensation for bike accident victims and fully understand all California motorcycle laws as well as helmet laws.
Get the Personalized Legal Counsel You Need in Encino
If you choose our firm to handle your case, you will receive the personal attention and informed advice you need every step of the way. Contact us today to discuss your needs with a knowledgeable attorney. We handle motorcycle injury cases in North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Reseda and the surrounding communities.